Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mango Sorbet

Shown with berry garnish
This refreshing and extremely healthy homemade sorbet dessert is perfect to end any meal and just so happens to have a difficulty factor of … zero.


Servings: 2

Ingredients
  • 2 cup frozen mango, unsweetened
  • ½ cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk 
Preparation
  1. Allow frozen mango to thaw out for 5-10 minutes
  2. Place mango and milk in mini food processor and pulse for 30 seconds
  3. Scoop mixture into individual bowls
  4. Place in freezer for 10 minutes
  5. Top it off with berries and enjoy!
Health Benefits
Mango sorbet shown without the berry garnish
I love sorbet but the store bought kind often contains added sugar and other unnecessary ingredients.  This two-ingredient version contains only the good stuff ;)

Fruit is an excellent way to satisfy your sweet tooth while packing in nutrients (mangos contain vitamin A and C). 

Make it your own…
You could use these measurement guidelines and preparation steps to make your favorite flavor of sorbet – just substitute the frozen mango for another frozen fruit.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I'm definitely going to try this one. 2 ingredients works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Catherine! This is my go-to dessert lately. Bobby always asks for seconds. It is just so refreshing... Frozen mangos really work the best with this one and I know how much you love mangos. In fact, I believe you introduced me to mangos way back when... that makes you my first mango experience!

    ReplyDelete